Fitness Swimming/ Water Walking
At this time Fitness Swimming is only being offered to Dublin Residents. Non-Residents please check back for future updates.
PLEASE NOTE: Reservations for the next week's Fitness Swimming schedule will open each Thursday at 12:00 p.m.
NOTICE: Fitness swimming will be canceled if air quality is over 150 AQI, we will notify all participants by email if there is a cancelation.
Adults (14 years and older): $6 per person
Fitness swimming at The Wave is designed for participants age 14 years and older* who wish to swim for fitness by swimming regular/consistent lengths of the pool as an individually directed exercise program. Swimming is one of the best forms of exercise, and is especially beneficial to those who are pregnant, have back problems, or sore joints. People of all abilities are welcome.
A new Health Order from the Alameda County Public Health Department now allows for additional outdoor recreation including fitness swimming and water walking. The outdoor Sports Pool at The Wave will open on Friday, August 28, at 8:00 a.m., for water exercise programs (provided that the air quality improves). Normal fitness swimming/water walking hours will take place Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., until further notice. There will be no lap swimming on Monday, September 7 (Labor Day).
Fitness Swimming and Water Walking in the Sports Pool
The outdoor Sports Pool is heated to 82-84 degrees. Lane reservations will only be available in 45-minute sessions and must be reserved and paid for prior to arriving at The Wave. Please note, out of an abundance of caution, reservations and payment will not be taken at our facility and reservations must be paid for online ahead of your reservation. Please have your reservation permit available on your mobile device or printed at the time of arrival. We ask all participants to follow signage for check-in at our Sports Pool and all patrons will be required to go through a health-screening process. Early entry will not be permitted as staff will use the time to clean and disinfect surfaces before the next group enters. Please remember to social distance and know that masks are required at all times when not in the water.
Guidelines to follow:
- Fitness swim/water walking is for Dublin Residents who wish to swim laps for exercise or to water walk. Recreation Swim is not allowed during the lap swim program.
- Only one swimmer per lane.
- Fitness Swim/Water Walking sessions will be scheduled for 45-minute sessions.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your session begins to allow time for health screening.
- Participants will be greeted by a staff member for a health screening upon entering the facility, which includes a symptom and temperature check prior to entering the facility.
- There will be a 15-minute transition period between sessions. Please leave the facility promptly after the session is over through the designated exit gate.
- Please make sure you arrive dressed in your swimming attire, as the locker rooms and showers will be closed in accordance with County requirements. There will be a single-use restroom available that is cleaned after each use.
- There will be a designated space on the pool deck next to each lane for participants to place their belongings. It is recommended to only bring essential items into the pool area.
- Please make sure you bring all of your own lap swim equipment, including kickboards and goggles. Kickboards and other shared equipment will not be provided by the City.
- Please wear a cloth face covering at all times while not in the water.
- Please maintain social distancing of six feet at all times.
- We encourage swimmers to enter / exit in their lane whenever possible. Please ensure proper social distancing when using ladders and stairs, and be respectful of other swimmers' workouts.
- We encourage swimmers to plan breaks in between laps on the same side of the pool they started to encourage social distancing.
Additional fitness swimming hours will open up each Thursday. For example, on Thursday, August 27, you may reserve lanes for the week of September 6. (Fitness swimming will not occur on Labor Day, September 7.)
|Monday through Friday||6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.(Reservations are 45-minute time slots only)|
|**No fitness swimming on Saturday and Sunday|
|Lanes 1-8||6 ft to 7.5 ft||Fitness Swimming|
|Lanes 9-11||3 ft to 4.5 ft||Fitness Swimming/ Water Walking|
While visiting The Wave, I understand that photographs may be taken of me or my child during the course of said activity, and that these photographs may be used in the City of Dublin’s publications, including but not limited to recreation brochures, the City’s website, and the City’s Facebook page or other City social media sites.