Virtual Recreation Center
Welcome to The Wave Virtual Recreation Center! This is an unprecedented time for all of us, but The Wave is still your go-to resource for staying healthy, happy, and connected! We’ve provided a list of activities and resources to keep you active and healthy during this Shelter-in-Place Order. Please make sure to practice safe social distancing while enjoying activities provided.
This page will be updated regularly with additional activities and resources. You can also follow us on Facebook @thedublinwave or Instagram @thedublinwave for new updates. Please note that we do not endorse, collect payment on behalf of, or receive funds to advertise any of the third-party sites or services, referenced on this page.
If you have a great resource to share, please email us at email@example.com.
Virtual Water Slides
- San Diego Zoo Live Cams
- Cincinnati Zoo livestream with Fiona the Hippo
- California Academy of Sciences - Animal Live Cams
- National Geographic Kids - Learn about geography and animals from National Geographic.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Cams
- Pier 39 Live Sea Lion Live Cam
- Aquarium of the Pacific - A collection of webinars, live-cam footage, and classes for all ages.
- Visit one of many museums around the world through their virtual tours.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art - A wonderful way to get kids engaged in the world of art.
- Artsology - Helps kids learn to appreciate the arts by providing them with the opportunity to play games, conduct investigations, and explore different forms of art.
- Smithsonian Zoos and Museums - No need to travel to one of the Smithsonian’s zoos or museums — this website brings your child everything from live video of the National Zoo to the Smithsonian Learning Lab right to your screen.
- Virtual tour of National Parks
- Yellowstone National Park - virtual tour
- Virtual Field Trips - Take a trip to a number of museums, zoos, aquariums, and landmarks around the world.
Learn New Swim Skills with GoSwim
GoSwim Stroke Ideas
GoSwim Learning a Flip Turn
Additional Water Safety Resources
- Hands-on as We Grow - Water Activities
- Favorite Preschool Water Activities
- Creative Water Activities for Kids
Arts and Crafts
- The Wave Coloring and Activity Book
- Let The Wave’s new Coloring and Activity Book add some color to your day! Ask your parents to post your work on social media with two hashtags: #DublinataDistance and #TheDublinWave.
- Paint Night
- 10 Do-it-Yourself Activities (Using Items from Around Your Home)
- Daily Doodle - Lessons by Mo Willems
- Kids Think Design - Explores careers in fashion design, graphic design, interior design, book design, product design, film and theater, architecture, animation, and environmental design.
- How to Make a Face Mask
City of Dublin
- City of Dublin COVID-19 Information
- City of Dublin COVID-19 Facebook Updates
- #DUBLINEATS - Press Release
- Shelter-in-Place - Press Release
- Closures and Cancellations - Press Release
- Stay up-to-date on COVID-19
- Center for Disease Control COVID-19 Information
- World Health Organization COVID-19 Information